Are you a big bookworm like me? Do you want to get into the spooky spirit?
Well, let me give you some recommendations!
- Masque of the Red Death by Edgar Allan Poe. Or anything by Poe. He’s the perfect author to read around Halloween. True haunts. And a spooky list would be incomplete without my fave.
- Salem’s Lot by Stephen King. Or basically anything by Stephen King. Much like Poe, he give you true haunts.
- Dracula by Bram Stoker. A true classic horror.
- Frankenstein by Mary Shelley. Another true classic horror.
- The Omen by David Seltzer. Based off the movie (like a true twist), it’s a pretty frightening supernatural horror.
- Hallowe’en Party by Agatha Christie. It is not a true horror/suspense list without my homegirl. Be prepared to not figure anything out again!
- Stardust by Terry Pratchet. A mild book comparatively, but this book has its fair share of witches and ghosts.
- Something Wicked This Way Comes by Ray Bradbury. It’s a dark fantasy involving a carnival. Have chills run down your spine yet?
I have many more, but I don’t want to overwhelm you with a long list. Especially since we only have a week until Halloween.
Enjoy some literary haunts!
Hugs and Spooks