The truth has come out: I’m heading out. For a trip. Mini vacation!
I’d usually be totally okay, packing list done, started packing, have all the plans set up.
Not this time!
As I’ve mentioned before, I’m back in school getting another Masters. I’m a full time student, which means three hardcore classes a semester. And all three have an assignment due while I’m out of town. AND I’m determined to finish and turn them in before I leave in four days.
So I’ve been focused on that, plus I’m a part-time cubicle worker, and there’s other things happening this week. It seems hard, near impossible. I’m with you, but I’m still going to do my best.
Here’s what I do when I have too much shit on my plate and not enough time to do it:
1. Make a plan. And stick to it! Micromanage if need be. And trust me, I need it. I have three assignments, all of which I’m planning to finish by Thursday. I’ll write down a plan for every day: for 511 write 3 pages, for 512 complete part 1, for 514 reread class notes and start finding policies. I even write down what days I need to do the litter boxes (Monday and Tuesday), do laundry (Wednesday), and get a med refill (Monday). Plan everything.
2. Take frequent breaks. Don’t be a stereotypical university student that sits at a desk for hours and hours studying. Give you brain rest.
3. Ask for help. When all is too much, ask someone for some help. Even if it’s just asking a friend to send you a meme so you can giggle and feel light.
4. Health! Plenty of sleep (6-8 hours), healthy food, and exercise. Working out may be off the table right now, but I can still take a bike ride, do some stretching, or dance around.
5. Do your best. And by that I mean, do your best with the assignments, with your work, and in general. Don’t say ‘whatever’ to any of it.
So these will be implemented in my own life for the next few days (and I’ve already started anyway). If you’re on a time crunch, remember to breathe and that you can do it.