I’m a fan of quotes. I have a small collection of quote books and have started two quote books (and two book quote books). I sprawl them when and where I need them with only one quote at my desk at all times. I love collecting quotes, and it’s generally the first thing I ask for from my penpals.
Anyway, let me share a few of the quotes I have in my collection:
- “I will not give you the satisfaction of hating you.” –Antoine Leiris from the book You Will Not Have My Hate
- “Happiness isn’t something that depends on our own surroundings. It’s something we make inside ourselves.” –Corrie Ten Boom from The Hiding Place
- “Do what you can do in joy, instead of trying to do it all in misery.” –Jen Sincero from You Are a Badass
- “Never apologize for who you are. It lets the whole world down.” –Jen Sincero
- “You get one life, one body, one go at this whole thing. Make yourself your own responsibility and let’s get living.” –The Try Guys in The Hidden Power of F*cking Up
- “It’s okay to fail. It’s okay to fall down. Get up, look sickening, and make them eat it.” –Latrice Royale
- “Stop telling yourself that the grass is greener on the other side, because it’s not. It is greener where you water it. So take control of your life and start watering your own pastures and grow your own greener grasses.”
- “No one can provide the heart its own peace; you have to find it yourself.” –Patrick Ness from The Rest of Us Just Live Here
- “To choose doubt as a philosophy of life is akin to choosing immobility as a means of transportation.” –Yann Martel from Life of Pi
- “Faith is about doing. You are how you act, not just how you believe.” –Mitch Albom from have a little faith
- “Ah, music. Magic beyond all we do here.” –J.K. Rowling from Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone
- “All endings are also beginnings. We just don’t know it at the time.” –Mitch Albom from the five people you meet in heaven
- “This is my body. It’s going to be with me forever. For all the ways it’s failed me, it’s come through for me a million times more. I’ll never be skinny and don’t really want to be. I want to be smaller and I want to be healthier. My body will get me there. Every day I have to remind myself to be good to my body and allow it to be good to me.” –Gabourey Sidibe
- “Sometimes you just gotta put your nose to the grindstone. You gotta look at it and it doesn’t matter how much it sucks. It doesn’t matter how boring it is. It doesn’t matter how mundane. You see the road to your goal and it’s paved with broken glass; you can bitch and moan the whole way, but at the end of the day, you just gotta walk.” –Mark Fischbach (the quote that lives at my desk)
This is a small, small, small portion of quotes I have, but I’m still looking for more. If you have any quotes you’d like to share, please share with me. From books, from movies, from your cousin; inspirational, funny, odd. Does not matter. Share your quotes.
I’ll probably be sharing more in the future.
And I have other collections, so let me know if you want me to share some of those.